browsing to certain web sites causes a kernel panic

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 10 13:52:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, David wrote:

> On 11/10/2009 7:33 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   based on updating to f12 beta solely from the contents of the latest
> > beta release DVD, if i browse to a specific web site, a kernel crash
> > takes down my entire system.  i can see that "yum list updates" gives
> > me 500+ packages to be installed/updated, so it's possible that might
> > fix things.  but has anyone else seen this?  i tried one site 3 times
> > -- 3 kernel crashes.
>
> "i tried one site 3 times"  Which is?

  unhelpfully, it's one i'd rather not mention as it's a personal site
of a friend who probably isn't interested in people crawling over it,
trying to figure out why it has a nasty habit of taking down linux
boxes.  :-(

  so, for now, i'm just curious if anyone else is finding that the
simple act of browsing to certain sites crashes their system.

rday