Fedora 12 staged for mirrors, rawhide moving on soon

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 22:52:28 UTC 2009

I have just staged Fedora 12 for our mirrors.  We're doing something a
little different this time around.  The releases/12/Everything/ tree
will be open to the public as it gets staged.  This will allow us to
give people who have "Fedora 12" installed now access to the "fedora"
repo.  We will then be able to move rawhide along to Fedora 13.  The
Fedora/ and Live/ trees will remain locked until our release date.

On this Saturday or Sunday rawhide will have Fedora 13 content.  Users
of rawhide right now do not need to do anything to keep on Fedora 12.
Unless you have modified your /etc/yum.repos.d/ files, you will stay on
Fedora 12 as we transition.  Those of you that wish to move along to
Fedora 13 rawhide will need to modify your fedora-rawhide.repo file and
keep it enabled, while disabling fedora and fedora-updates repos.

Thanks again to all of you who have helped make Fedora 12 the great
release it is about to be!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!