Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Nov 15 10:23:56 UTC 2009

Damn, that subject might be too long.

Everytime firefox is upgraded (and while I can't substantiate that with
facts, I'm pretty sure it's not too far off the truth) while you are
running it, it causes usability and other issues.

I'm assuming this has to do with library updates in firefox, but it
seems that firefox usually ends up doing weird things when you're
running it and it's upgraded using yum.

Is it possible to put in a little pre/post install love that asks to
shut firefox (saving the session) and then restarts it after the upgrade
is complete?

R.