Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Nov 16 21:39:10 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 04:20 PM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> But as firefox files are already modified and missig on a filesystem,
> this restart would be equal to what we see now on Fedora.

So the problem is that firefox needs to be restarted from outside the
application so that it can start from its new directory?  Couldn't the
/usr/bin/firefox launcher script handle this?

launch firefox
check exit code or state file for relaunch request from extension
  find the current version
  re-launch

> FF needs to be
> killed before update, and started afterwards.

And just loose the user data without notification?  That's sure to spark
outcry.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle