SHA1 and 256 (again) :)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 20:50:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:30:37AM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

As suspect, there's already posts on the forums about this.  (Smugly
mutters, "told ya so".  :)

Seriously, someone pointed out that some docmentation, the docs for
burning CD's seem to indicate that one should use sha1.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/en_US/sn-validating-files.html

That should probably get fixed--I'm not sure if I have write access, and
I don't have a Windows machine to test the instructions, so someone?

(Assuming of course, that neither the poster on the forums nor myself
are missing something blatently obvious and there's nothing to correct.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: For a thousand years I wielded the powers of the
Wish. I brought ruin to the heads of unfaithful men. I brought forth
destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the lower beings. I was
feared and worshipped across the mortal globe. And now I'm stuck at
Sunnydale High. Mortal. Child. And I'm flunking Math.