Network Configuration Problems - Fedora 12

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Nov 24 14:14:50 UTC 2009

Omen.com connects to the cable modem (static IP)
with a PCI ethernet card.  The motherboard gigabit
ethernet runs the local network.  Fedora provides
NAT for the local network.

Fedora 11 configured this without too much fuss.
Fedora 12 did not seem able to configure the
two ports.

So I disabled the motherboard ethernet port,
using the motheroard BIOS,
and configured the PCI board for the internet
connection.  Then I enabled the motherboard
port and was able to configure it for the
local net.  Set the firewall and all seems well.

Why is there a "network" and "network device
control" menu entry instead of one?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665