increasing grub timeout?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 18:44:21 UTC 2009

On 2009/11/24 07:07 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:

> FWIW, I would support this. As a data point, in my experience people
> don't count the bootloader time in deciding if a system 'boots fast' or
> not. If they see a fast boot from _after_ the bootloader to desktop,
> they consider it to be a fast booting system.

+1

I always change my own timeouts to at least 15 seconds, and for installations
for others, usually in the 8-12 range if they have only two installed OSes,
longer if more.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/