increasing grub timeout?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Nov 25 00:49:58 UTC 2009

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:32:51AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
>> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> I know all that, and it's still a problem. Three seconds is too short,
>> especially when there's no visible menu and no instructions.
>
> Ok, I just said 3 seconds as an arbitrary compromise.  I have no trouble
> with longer delays.  :)
>
> However, Jesse says that he doesn't think our arguments will change
> this.  It would be great if one could actually edit grub.conf duuring

It's a shame RH doesn't always listen to good arguments.

> installation--don't know how trivial or non-trivial that is.

It's not hard to do during kickstart installs. A script on %post.

> The trouble is, as I like to quote here, when making things idiot proof,
> you can't, as nature will always build a better idiot.

That's okay, I just want a system that won't trip up the innocent. I
don't like surprises, and I especially don't like the surprise being
followed by an enforce wait, maybe of minutes, before I get another chance.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait