Move A Wiki Migration How To

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 05:00:25 UTC 2009

+1 I would very much like the wiki entry not only for myself but for those
who ask about the topic. Thank you for your time and efforts.

-Adam (From Android - CM)

On Nov 25, 2009 10:57 PM, "Robert L Cochran" <cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:

On 11/25/2009 11:40 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote: > > On 11/23/2009 09:44
PM, Robert L Cochran wr...
With respect. it is not quite simple at all. You missed a few things above
such as restoring symlinks. LocalSettings.php doesn't go in
/usr/share/mediawiki, although a copy is there. It is actually in the web
server's wiki directory. You also need to copy the entire web server
directory for the wiki because that is where things like images are stored,
again not in /usr/share/mediawiki. (You don't really want users having
access to /usr. Our implementation of Wordpress does that in Fedora 11.)

For a lot of people a detailed how-to guide is extremely valuable.

Bob

https://www.redhat....