Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 19:55:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 09:48 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > 2) Change practice for Bugzappers going forward: from some date
> > forward,
> > all triaged bugs should have the Triaged keyword set rather than being
> > changed to ASSIGNED. Do not change anything about any existing bugs.

> Sorry for the lateness of this email!
>
> As discussed at the meeting last week, consensus seems to be roughly in
> favor of option #2 above. So, let's make that the formal proposal.
>
> Are there any serious objections to proceeding with option #2 - going
> forward, bugs will be marked as having been triaged with the use of a
> keyword, rather than changing status from NEW to ASSIGNED?
>
> If not, we'll push ahead and make that the new official policy. Thanks!

So, resurrecting this thread zombie one last time:

As discussed in the past few weeks' meetings, we went ahead and
implemented option 2) initially. However, Matej pointed out a problem
with that; it made it impossible to search Bugzilla for all triaged or
un-triaged bugs in a given component across all releases. So, to solve
this, we made a change. All Fedora 10-12 bugs in ASSIGNED status have
had the Triaged keyword added. From now on, when triaging bugs in Fedora
11 and 12, please _both_ set the ASSIGNED status _and_ add the Triaged
keyword when the bug is triaged. For Rawhide (and, later, Fedora 13
onwards) bugs, please _only_ add the Triaged keyword, do not change the
status of the bug.

When searching for bugs, use the Triaged keyword in your searches if you
want to search for triaged or un-triaged bugs. This way, it should
always give accurate results.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey