How do I keep intentionally unmounted filesystems out of the GTK file dialog?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Oct 2 17:35:40 UTC 2009

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:09:53AM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> Apparently you cannot as this is considered a proper "user-friendly"
> behaviour with no ways to make it less so.  Quite a while ago I
> tried to explain that this is nothing but and also has obscene
> security implications.  All my arguments fallen on deaf ears and bug
> reports were closed WONTFIX.  I gave up.  I will be not drawn into
> the same conversation again but if somebody has ways to prevent that
> nastiness I am all ears.
>
>    Michal

On this matter I am in agreement with you.  I use personal home
partitions and some of these are now encrypted.  As more and more
partitions are added, this could get quite messy.

Can you provide the bug numbers for your requests?  Could be worth
referencing for new RFE's.

I think that this could be an issue with people wanting hidden
directories when travelling with laptops, especially when crossing boarders.

--
Robin Laing