Standardize/ have consistency in the layout of How_to_Debug_<component> wiki pages.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Oct 7 15:10:01 UTC 2009

Subject says it all..

In short instead of individuals hacking how to debug wiki pages left and right and in their own style targeted different sets of audiences.

We would use https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:How_to_debug as basis and target the writing of those pages to a low-knowledge audience .

If accepted all existing How_to_debug_component pages will be rewritten and new how_to_debug_pages will be written using the Template:How_to_debug as basis.

To give you example I took component which has identical procedures in reporting/debugging except for it's name and created a page in the new style/way for comparison.
( Note I did not write the Firefox page )

The old style/way...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Firefox_problems

The new and improve style/way..

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_Debug_Thunderbird ( Warning may contain some ken-lee english errors I have made.. )

A bit more complicated component in the new style/way

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Dracut_problems

If you feel like How_to_debug template should be designed/look differently dont hesitate to share your opinion on how to improve it.

I also suggest we name those wiki pages how_to_debug_<component> as opposed how_to_debug_<component>_problems <--...

JBG