any list for test installing f12 beta on my x86_64 laptop?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 14 16:31:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:13:44 -0400,
  "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   ***but*** an xorg.conf is still not going to be a solution to that
> initial firstboot issue, before i've ever had a chance to create that
> file -- i still won't be able to see the entire screen.

I agree and there is a real problem. It might be bad hardware or bios
misindicating what modes should be available (which might be fixable as
a quirk in the driver) or it might be a driver bug.

>   so ... is there any way around this that someone wants me to test?
> i have the spare system to do it on, and it seems like this is
> something that really needs to be addressed, being an installation
> issue.

My recommendation would be to file a bug against xorg-x11-drv-ati. Include
Xorg.0.log and inforation about your video card (say from lshw or lspci).
Don't expect a rapid fix (but you never know). If a fix is provided later
you can restest that.

As for a firstboot work aorund there may be something there as well.
I thought that a simple way to use vesa when doing installs got added
relatively recently. If you tried installing using that method, it would be
interesting to see if for the first boot if vesa was used so you would
have a chance to fix things in a graphical environment. If not that could
be an RFE bug against ananconda (I think).