F12 comments and questions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 15:30:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 18:26 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 21:46 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure why you'd have got that impression. ATI is getting a lot
> > better recently, but it's still not really on a level with Intel as far
> > as free driver support goes, or NVIDIA as far as proprietary driver
> > support goes.
>
> Adam
>
> Ah, maybe I'm being a little over grumpy. If that's what Fedora is doing
> for X then I'm very impressed and more than a little in awe as to the
> contributions made to X by Fedora and Redhat.
>
> It's easy to put on rose tinted glasses and as I've had nothing but
> issues with my ATI card, it's really easy to think that ATI support
> really sucks and that no-one is doing anything about it.  So if I'm
> sounding a little glum, it's possibly slanted by my less than stellar
> experiences.
>
> Here's hoping my X issues will be addressed soon, so I can get on with
> testing.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.

No problem. I understand how you feel - I get frustrated when my
hardware's broken too. For the record, RH employs two radeon developers,
Dave Airlie and Jerome Glisse, who both contribute actively to upstream
development of the driver and to maintaining it in Fedora (though Dave
is doing an increasing amount of work on the X server side, which I
think is partly why we brought Jerome in).

I'm going to have another look at your bug(s) and see if there's
anything we can look at that we didn't already...

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey