FUDcon fun?

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 13:32:32 UTC 2009

> Some funding is available for those who have trouble covering travel /
> hotel costs, but it's fairly limited. You can indicate on the attendance
> table if you need funding - fill in your name but mark the 'funding'
> column to show that you need money. Get it done before Thursday as
> that's the date of the next meeting to allocate funds. Explaining why
> you're awesome and deserve money in the 'comments' column may help :)
> there are various money-saving tips on travel and lodging on the Wiki
> page - there's a bus running from Boston, and room sharing arrangements
> are being made in the Wiki table.

The next FUDCon meeting is on Thursday at 20:00 UTC in #fudcon-planning:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_Planning_meetings.
You don't have to attend the meeting to get funded, but looking at the
discussion in the last two meeting logs
(http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/) might give you an
idea of what kind of proposals we're looking for.

I'm going to be taking a pass through the pre-registration table at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Toronto_2009#Pre-registration
before the meeting, but emailing myself and Paul (mchua and pfrields at
fedoraproject dot org) helps us make sure we're not missing any funding
requests. We've gone through all the original requests in the
pre-registration table by now, so the remaining funding is quite
limited, but we're still trying to get as many people to FUDCon as
possible, so please let us know *today* if you need travel help.

--Mel