yum

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:50:18 UTC 2009

2009/10/23 John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

> I for one would vote for more integrated[1] functionality, and fewer
> optional extras. Some might be turned off by default - not everyone should
> use fastestmirror for example. Yum commands to manipulate plugins (and
> repos) would be handy:
>

> yum list plugins

-> yum search "yum plugin"

yum disable plugin fred

-> yum <command> --disable-plugin=<plugin_list>

there's no --enable-plugin though

> "plugin" and "plugins" should be synonymous, people are likely to use
> either and become frustrated when they guess wrongly.

teach people to read man pages instead of guessing when using a shell, it
may be handy also

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)