F12 Beta Live-CD Fail [1]

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 23 04:51:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 20:33 -0700, john wendel wrote:
> I just tried the F12 beta live cd, 686, gnome on a really old Dell PIII,
> 512 MB, Nvidia TNT2 PCI video and got a panic. The splash screen works
> and then the screen goes blank and the keyboard lights wink.
>
> I'd like to bugzilla, but I'm not sure how to gather any useful info.
> I'll be happy to follow any instructions, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

There are some good if disorganized suggestions at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_kernel_problems#Diagnosing_.22My_machine_locked_up.22
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_kernel_problems#crash_hang

I added clearer links from the main bug suggestion page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests so hopefully
these hints are a bit less buried.

-B.