system-config-display in F12 Beta fails with nouveau/Nvidia FX5200

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Oct 26 08:18:55 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 07:20 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> I installed F12 Beta from scratch, and X11 was installed on my
> 1280x1024 screen correctly (Video card Nvidia FX5200) with the nouveau
> driver.
>
> Now I tried to install a new xorg.conf by using system-config-display
> (for experimental reasons), but it failed with and without the
> --reconfig option.
>
> Somebody made similar experiences?

I have seen some [DRM] complaint during boot up on my laptop that has
Nvidia Quadro FX 570M does not grind the machine to halt thou..

Did it work correctly without an xorg.conf and you decided to create one
for the fun of it or did it not work after install and you were forced
to create an xorg.conf to circumvent the problem?  ( Note you should not
need to create a xorg.conf file )

JBG