KDE4 is taking over GNOME settings...

Dawid Zamirski dzrudy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:47:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:35 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> I'd venture user/local customizations for default apps are getting saved to
> ~/.local/share/applications
>
> And that is shared among all desktops
>
> -- Rex

I see now, so when in KDE I set eg amarok to open mp3 files, it'll
affect GNOME as well? I remember that I was doing customizations in KDE
when I was still running F11. I just didn't realize that it saves those
in .config and/or .local as I thought that KDE keeps all its settings
separately in .kde. I usually do not remove these, as I want to keep my
gnome settings, when I do a new install and probably that's how it got
affected.