New kernel in F12

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 26 22:10:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 13:30:13 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Just a note that the kernel build in F12 was updated over the weekend,
> from 56 (which shipped in beta) to 96. This has quite a few changes
> queued up, so if all F12 testers can please reboot and make sure the new
> kernel works, that'd be great.

96 is old news now, but I did run it for a bit. The kernels starting on Friday
seem to help with some crashes I had been having that I suspected of being
KMS / ATI related. The 97 kernel seems to be working well as well.

One odd thing I have been seeing lately is a timeout while trying to
detect one of my two disks. Things work OK afterwards, but I didn't used
to see those messages. Usually it is ATA3 that gets the warning, but I think
I also got it for ATA4 a couple of times. The disks are old, so it could
be a change in the status of the hardware rather than the kernel.