New kernel in F12

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Tue Oct 27 17:53:08 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 06:10 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 13:30:13 -0700,
>    Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> Just a note that the kernel build in F12 was updated over the weekend,
>> from 56 (which shipped in beta) to 96. This has quite a few changes
>> queued up, so if all F12 testers can please reboot and make sure the new
>> kernel works, that'd be great.
>
> 96 is old news now, but I did run it for a bit. The kernels starting on Friday
> seem to help with some crashes I had been having that I suspected of being
> KMS / ATI related. The 97 kernel seems to be working well as well.
>
> One odd thing I have been seeing lately is a timeout while trying to
> detect one of my two disks. Things work OK afterwards, but I didn't used
> to see those messages. Usually it is ATA3 that gets the warning, but I think
> I also got it for ATA4 a couple of times. The disks are old, so it could
> be a change in the status of the hardware rather than the kernel.

  For the 96 kernel and my RV630 graphics and
xorg-x11-server-utils-7.4-13.fc12.x86_64 I still have to user pcieasm=off.

  For the 97 kernel, pcieasm=off no longer works and I have to use
nomodeset to get to a desktop.

Which bz covers this (these?) issue(s)?  There seems to be several
speaking to ati and nvidia and kms sometimes all on the same bz.