HP network printer not working with SELinux in enforcing mode

Masood masoodbeh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:27:12 UTC 2009

Hi

I have a HP printer connected to my rawhide machine through wired Ethernet.
I have configured it using hp-setup utility but when I try to print anything
I get these SELinux denials:

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/avahi-autoipd "net_admin" access.
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups "name_bind" access.
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups "getattr" access on
/var/lib/net-snmp.
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups "search" access on
/var/lib/net-snmp.
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp "name_bind" access.

Shouldn't everything work without requiring user to generate a local policy
for it? or have I screwed up something while configuring the printer?

Regards,
Masood