Bose USB audio problems

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Oct 29 17:24:44 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 09:57 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> I suspect the udev rules for USB should be modified to force a
>> pulseaudio restart when a sound device is plugged in.  I've run into
>> this with, for example, cameras with a built-in mic, too.
>
> That would be very much the wrong way to fix it, it shouldn't be needed
> (not needed here when I plug in a USB audio device). Please just file a
> bug on PA in this case, with appropriate logs.

Filed bug 531866 against F11 suggesting restart of pulseaudio.  Shoot
it if it's incorrect, but restarting pulse DOES fix the issue the OP
had with his Bose device.  I have a Logitech USB headset here I can do
some testing with.
-                 IGNORE that man behind the keyboard!               -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -