Fedora12 Pre-RC install test report

Liam lili at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 08:14:10 UTC 2009

Greetings testers,

      Many thinks to those who cared about and participated in Pre-RC
install test. A small install testing was completed against rawhide for
the coming RC. Since we set the dead line for this testing on Nov
4,before that,any test feedback(to wiki or mailing list) for rawhide
install will be welcome.During this testing,we still have some good
catches.The following bugs were filed or still existed:

531052  NEW              [anaconda] Live: Error processing drive:
/dev/dm-0
531425  ASSIGNED         newly installed system,NFS daemon start failed
after boot
531581  NEW              Encrypted autopart install on IBM Power5 ppc
fails to find root device on boot
517491  MODIFIED         Anaconda fails if filesystem should be shrunk
525615  NEW              system can not automatically reboot after exit
installer -f12 beta TC
498026  CLOSED RAWHIDE   RuntimeError: Returning partitions to state
prior to edit failed
531823  NEW              traceback after selecting reboot from firstaidkit

 From Nov 4 to Nov 11, we will do RC install test which is the last
important install test for F12.Hope you can participate,see you there.:)

Thanks
Liam