HOWTO debug dracut

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Oct 1 23:39:37 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 10:26 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 22:09 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>

>>> Please also see
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Dracut_problems , the
>>> permanent reference for this topic. I'll add anything in Harald's mail
>>> that's not currently on that page to it. Thanks.
>>>

>> Is this the new format/path of debugging pages for a given component
>> how_to_debug_<component>_problem as opposed to
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut/Debugging  or
>> <component>/Debugging>  and are we going to move all debugging pages
>> under how_to_debug??
>>
> It hasn't been officially discussed anywhere - I was using
> Bug_info_componentname myself - but I think it's a good choice by
> whoever came up with it. It also fits in with the request of the Wiki
> admin team that we use flat page names, not nested ones.

Well I think the documentation team ( doc list cc-ed ) should provide us
with rules and regulation ( or templates ) on how component page should
be written including bug reporting etc.. and who the target audience is
so at-least some consistency exist in the wiki, I personally write pages
targeted at novice end user so they tend to be more step by step
oriented since I believe that we should expose testing of a component to
as wide audience as possible regardless of the individual skill ( it
might be a kid taking his first step into the linux, Fedora community
and participate or it might be an experienced user ) set while other
voices in the community think that they should have University, RHCE or
some other degree stuck up their ass to be able to participate in
testing or other aspects of the community. When an indvidual changes the
layout of my wiki written pages ( other than simply fix my ken-lee
English ) I believe ( since he thinks he does a better job than me
delivering the content of the page to well what he sees as the target
audience ) that he will maintain the given component pages and keep it
update to upstream documentation.  ( since he has the time to totally
rewrite the page he should have the time to do the necessary research
and keep it updated to upstream documentation/changes/git logs  ). It's
not enough simply write those pages they need to be maintained and
updated as well and I for one don't participate in wiki writing ping
pong game..

JBG