Anaconda on a Test Day CD?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 3 04:10:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:23:34 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Kamil noted explicitly that anaconda _dependencies_ are often broken,
> which is usually not the fault of anaconda.
>
> anaconda is developed just as any other Fedora component is.

Anaconda is considered a critical package and I believe that also makes
it dependencies critical packages. Eventually these packages are all
supposed to be handled more carefully so that rawhide is very likely
to be installable, bootable and updatable at any point in time.

There was also a separate initiative to make the last know good rawhide
available when rawhide does have critical breakage. That proposal doesn't
seem to have been implemented as described, but may be going on in some
form.

See:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Critical_Path_Packages_Proposal
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Israwhidebroken.com_Proposal