Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 15:37:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 16:14 +0530, sundar s wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new in this list, so I would like to introduce myself. My name is
> Meenakshi Sundaram, I am a software developer from India, I have over
> 4 years of Software development experience. I started using Linux in
> 2006 and I have tried each and every distro which I came across. I
> have done some system administration at work and I can rate myself as
> an intermediate system administrator. I am largely inspired by the
> open-source community, So I would like to spend my spare time in
> Testing and contributing to Fedora.
>
> I am catching up with the QA in Fedora, It will take a while to get
> into it. I appreciate any advice/suggestion.

Hi, Sundar, welcome to the group! Thanks a lot for volunteering.

If you haven't looked at them already, you can take a look at a few Wiki
pages to get an idea of what the QA group does, and how you can get
involved:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Joining

the first page has several things you can do to help the QA project in
general, and the second page is more specifically about the BugZappers
sub-project which deals with bug triaging. As the first page says, you
can help out in many ways, just by reporting bugs as you use Fedora,
testing out candidate updates, running Rawhide if you're very
adventurous and/or have a spare system :), trying the Rawhide nightly
live CDs, coming out to Test Days, and others. You'll also see various
events and requests for help posted to this list as you go along.

Thanks again for volunteering!

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey