any list for test installing f12 beta on my x86_64 laptop?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 17:29:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 07:03 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> i'm just about to install f12 beta x86_64 on one of my ubiquitous
> gateway mx7120 laptops (broadcom wireless, ATI video), so i'm open to
> suggestions as to anything specific i should stress test.
>
>   obviously, i'll be checking if wireless is still fairly
> straightforward to install (is there a URL for f12 wireless i should
> be referencing?),

it would be interesting to know if your card works with the open
firmware for b43, rather than using ndiswrapper or the Broadcom 'wl'
driver. do 'yum install b43-openfwwf', reboot and see if the card works
(I think you may need to use it without encryption, at present).

> and i'll check if radeon video drivers are still
> totally borked.

from all recent indications they shouldn't be, hopefully. things seem to
be working reasonably well on most cards.

>   is there a walkthrough of what one should do in terms of testing?
> might as well be thorough while i'm here.

no particular walkthrough, really, but you could refer to the test days
we ran this cycle:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_12_test_days

any of the tests from any of those pages you can do is always useful.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey