broadcom wireless worked out of the box

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 15 01:58:40 UTC 2009

On 10/14/2009 11:55 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>
>>   even if it still has some issues, the fact that it works right out
>> of the install is brilliant.  that's a major improvement.
>

> You know though, when the mass public find out that this works as well
> as you have found all the credit will go to......... Ubuntu. :D

That's ok. They put a lot more effort into a mass public distribution
than Fedora does.  We have a different focus for good or bad and we have
consistently produced results. If more users don't get to know about the
work we do, it is certainly our fault for not telling it in a way that
reaches them.  I am not just talking about marketing although it is part
of what is necessary. Focus is useful c.f. Fedora Advisory Board mailing
list discussions.

Rahul