F12 comments and questions

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Oct 15 07:26:24 UTC 2009

> I'm not sure why you'd have got that impression. ATI is getting a lot
> better recently, but it's still not really on a level with Intel as far
> as free driver support goes, or NVIDIA as far as proprietary driver
> support goes.

Adam

Ah, maybe I'm being a little over grumpy. If that's what Fedora is doing
for X then I'm very impressed and more than a little in awe as to the
contributions made to X by Fedora and Redhat.

It's easy to put on rose tinted glasses and as I've had nothing but
issues with my ATI card, it's really easy to think that ATI support
really sucks and that no-one is doing anything about it.  So if I'm
sounding a little glum, it's possibly slanted by my less than stellar
experiences.

Here's hoping my X issues will be addressed soon, so I can get on with
testing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Rodd