Fedora12 Beta RC2 install test status

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Oct 15 14:18:53 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 06:56 AM, Liam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <snip>
>
> If you have those special hardware,please execute corresponding test
> cases and post your test results.Our testing is still in progress,for
> any tester, your test result is still valuable
>
> <snip>
> Thanks
> Liam

I couldn't see where this fit in to the test matrix,  Bug 525798 -  x
server failing during custom layout.  The bz has been reassigned outside
of anaconda, but the modesetting for an RV630 is only a problem with
anaconda and not with an installed system.  I have to put nomodeset on
the kernel cmd line to prevent this bug, but not on the resulting
installed system.  I have reported this condition two different times
and each time I am asked for the logs, even tho the bz states that the
system is dead and I can't get the logs.  To add spice, if I very
carefully avoid mouse wheel movements when not specifying nomodeset, I
can *sometimes* avoid the lockup.