f12, alpha versus beta?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Oct 17 07:55:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 01:00 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   a valid philosophy but the linux kernel sees it differently, so it's
> not like there's just one true way, but how fedora chooses to do this
> is perfectly valid, thanks.

If we were dealing with just a distribution of source, it could be
different.  But since we have to compile that source, and then compile
those compiles into a binary install tree, there are lots of chances for
things to go wrong, and so we test what will go out the door, rather
than what we hope will be the same in the future if we do another
compose.

I've always taken offense to the term "release candidate" when there is
no possible way the candidate could ever be released as is.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!