Resizing ext4 partitions

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:41:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Renato Caldas
<seventhguardian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldn't that be Parted Magic's fault?

The whole problem seems to be due to e2fsprogs's fault.
Parted Magic/ gparted does do resizing in the correct way.

>> I think the problem is due to the older version (1.41.5) of e2fsprogs.
>>
>> Anything below VERSION 1.41.9 is bound to be unsafe.
>> http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs-release.html#1.41.9
>
> Rawhide's version is e2fsprogs-1.41.9-3.fc12.x86_64, so I don't
> understand how this is relevant.

ok

But bug #529285 was about the "press Control D to continue or
supply root password for maintenance"  prompt. It was not usable in
any way. If the system has a
problem then it should exit gracefully.  Why has it been closed?

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani