[Test-Announce] 2009-10-20 Confined Users Test Day

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 20 02:19:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 14:08:45 -0400,
  James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> I like the challenge! :)  Thanks for taking the time to plan and prepare
> this test day.  I've made some minor wiki modifications to the test day
> page.  Would it make sense to create individual test case pages for each
> of the listed test cases?  We typically recommend using the template:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:QA/Test_Case

I mentioned this to Dan a while back, but one thing I would find nice is
a tool to reset your policy back to the default for (supposedly) installed
policy. When things get stuffed up it's possible that you get to where you
can't update the active policy. Switching to another policy (say minimal)
and back is two full file relabels. I found that nuking the active policy
in an unsupported manner and yum reinstalling the current policy relabels
a much smaller number of files and seems to be a lot quicker.
I don't know exactly what I did that caused problems, but the three machines
I yum updated to f12 all had issues handling updates to the targeted policy.
I do have local modules installed and some local fcontext rules, that may
have been a factor in this.
semanage is limited you can't change everything at once and the result of
a single semanage run needs to be consistant and you can't always do that.
I'll try to go through the test cases eventually, but it probably won't
be tomorrow.