Fedora 12 Beta now available!

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:52:44 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Kernel mode setting (KMS) support, which was
> introduced on AMD hardware in Fedora 10 and
> extended to Intel hardware in Fedora 11

KMS never worked and still does not work on F11 on
Intel laptop 915GM i686 PAE.

I reported the bug back in March (see now closed bug
488824), but it was simply ignored. KMS remains
unusable on this machine to this day on F11 and Desktop
Effects are automatically disabled and cannot be
enabled manually, not on 915GM, nor on my desktop Intel
965G. The Intel graphical system is sorely handicapped
in F11 with Intel.

As a result, with the release of F12α, I migrated both
of my systems and closed the bug, since no action had
ever been taken nor response to the bug given.

I closed the bug after I migrated my machines to the
sensational F12α, where these features truly do work,
giving the 'worksforme' reason (although it obviously
does not work for me on F11!