Fedora 12 Beta now available!

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:08:38 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

> I think the extent of changes to the intel driver
> and X server in F12 make it unlikely

I fully realize that. Graphics in general were severely
broken in Fedora 11 and it was not the fault of Fedora.
Fedora is a cutting edge distribution, which is one
among a number of reasons why I choose and stick with
it, but this means that sometimes things don't work
(not to the point of making the system unusable, of
course, but necessitating disabling features
temporarily). X, Mesa, KMS, Intel were all in utter
disarray and none the fault of Fedora -- Fedora 11 just
happened to come out during this period of instability.
Unfortunately for users of Fedora 11, the now working X
Server has not been made available, which is why I
migrated to Fedora 12. Fedora 12 rocks! All of the
stuff that was in a transitional state since the
springtime has now really come of age! And that
includes KDE, the skeletal state of which didn't help
Fedora 11 much. This is going to be a killer release!