Intel Mac Mini Audio does not work

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:15:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/21/2009 10:10 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Did you get a sound from the rear jack?
>
> This mac mini has two rear analog jacks, one marked as input, one marked
> as output "headphones". I currently have outputs plugged into both
> ports, but I have yet to get any sound from either one.
>
> This is exactly how it looks:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cd/Mac_mini_opening.jpg/800px-Mac_mini_opening.jpg
>
>> Smoltprofile please ;)
>
> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/?uuid=pub_6cf87e28-1e73-4453-8fe4-98d3cadfe316
>
> ~spot

I don't have one to play with, but does it have a BIOS with settings
or self-tests? The reason is that the sound may be turned off there or
the self-test might show up. I think the internal speaker is like a PC
and has a different sound creator so it might not help.

Oh the hardware diagnosis is on Mac disk 1 .. from the howto:

On an Intel based Mac, insert Mac OS X Install disc 1 that came with
your Mac to your Mac, and hold letter D at boot. This will load it to
the hardware test.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning