F12beta: yum update --skip-broken via gui?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 14:06:02 UTC 2009

2009/10/24 Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net>:
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 13:38 +0200, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
>> Is there a way to do a '--skip-broken' via de gui updater? That would be
>> a really useful feature. Now you have to find the misbehaving package(s)
>> and deselect them before you can do a update. To longer the list of
>> updates...
>
> Can't you just uncheck the box to the package that is causing the
> problem? But I guess if you have more than one that can be time
> consuming?

In theory, yes, but the most recent time this happened it was in a the
middle of over 100 total updates (rawhide), many of which had similar
names (it was xorg-x11-something that was causing the problem), so I
just resorted to yum --skip-broken instead of scrolling through the
massive list to un-check one of them.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278