system-config-display in F12 Beta fails with nouveau/Nvidia FX5200

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:46:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> On 10/26/2009 12:44 PM, James Hubbard wrote:
>> Did you remove the nomodeset option from the grub boot line?   I can't
>> change the resolution on my laptop without enabling modeset for
>> nvidia.
>
> Hi James,
>
> no, I didn't, because there is no "nomodeset"  option in the grub boot line.

That's interesting.  It placed it by default on the Dell D820 that I
have when I did a fresh install.  At first I didn't think that it was
there until I scrolled backwards through all of the other options in
the grub menu.

Does anyone know when it doesn't place the nomodeset option in the grub.conf?