abrt

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Mon Oct 26 17:48:01 UTC 2009

On Monday 26 October 2009 06:07:26 Kamil Paral wrote:
> ----- "Gene Czarcinski" <gene at czarc.net> wrote:
> > > I suggest that this be fixed BEFORE F12 is released!
> >
> > Even more of a problem is that even if you do invoke abrt-gui as root,
> > you
> > still cannot report problems!
> >
> > Gene
>
> Hi, I cannot say if something can be fixed before F12 is released, but
> the abrt developers are working hard on it. Please report all bugs
> into bugzilla, they will be noticed.

Abrt is (obviously) both new and a work-in-progress.  Getting things fixed
before F12 release is wishful thinking on my part.  However, when things do
get basically fixed, then I hope an update is issued for F12 so that I do not
have to wait until F13 to see the fix.

"Fixing" abrt while maintaining security will not be easy.

Gene