Introduction

Gonçalo Gomes gagomes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:36:35 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I am glad to join this community of Fedora BugZappers. I can't say I am a
big user of Fedora yet, as I only started officially using it since version
11 on my work laptop, but when it comes to Linux in general, I have been
using Red Hat for the most part of my time, having started in 5.0 (circa 98
or 99) which was my first Linux experience. To this day, I still remember
how it hurt adapting to a black-and-white reality: Unsupported WinModem, no
drivers for the particular S3 video card chipset I used back in the day,
FIPS vs Windows partition baptism of fire and a bunch of other seemingly
interesting experiences!

I have varied experience with Linux, from System Administration to
Development. I am actively interested in projects related to Virtualization,
Security, Development Tools, Debugging and Performance Analysis.

I am 27 years old, Portuguese, living in Dublin, Ireland for the past 1
year. I work as Support Engineer for an American company who sells a
virtualization product based on RH.

If anyone would like to reach me, I am available via gtalk/email/msn on this
email address. I am also part of the freenode stats, possibly ranking
somewhere in the top50 idlers under the nick 'goncalo', so your best and
safest bet would be using email to reach me.

Cheers,
Goncalo.