nvidia drivers

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:27:57 UTC 2009

On 09/01/2009 06:42 PM, Rick Marshall wrote:
> Hi
>
> At the moment I am using F11 with the nvidia supplied drivers. This is
> painful to maintain. In fact the last few kernels can't be used at the
> moment.
>
> Is there a preferred nvidia driver configuration?
>
> Are the public domain drivers (not sure of the package name) the
> preferred drivers?
>
> Pointers to a definitive howto would be appreciated if it exists.
>
> I'd really like to get back to testing/monitoring the newer kernels.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick

nouveau is the driver I believe your talking about, and yes it is a
prefered/supported driver. nv is another.

Fedora cares nothing about nvidia's proprietary driver.

The nouveau driver should already be installed on your system.

as for a link, fedoraforum.org should cover all your needs. User
leigh123linux has many howto's regarding nvidia, xorg and drivers.

TK009