ldap authentication broken in rawhide?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 2 18:54:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 11:31:26AM -0400, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 03:52:37PM -0700, David L wrote:

> > I'm trying to authenticate with LDAP in rawhide, and
> > I can't log in.  The same ldap.conf file works in f11.

Using just normal authconfig-tui, I was able to authenticate against a
Sun Directory server.  This was a relatively fresh install. When I ran
authconfig-tui, it told me that I needed both nss_ldap and pam_psk11.

(I had installed openldap-clients, but that was about it.)

This was a very simple test, just using it to authenticate an
alternative password for a user on the test machine.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: Everything seems normal. Not a snake, not a wasp.
Cordelia: Yup. School can open tomorrow.
Xander: Explain to me again how that's a good thing?
Cordelia: I'm drawing a blank.