Fedora 12: Have Hard Drive, Want To Test

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 11:24:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 03:06 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> > I agree with Michael.  Grab F-12-Alpha
> > (http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease) or a recent nightly live
> > image (http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/)
>
> Which subdirectory under /pub/alt/nightly-composes/ should I focus on?
> The 'desktop'?

Each of those sub-directories represents different Fedora 'spins'.  Both
'desktop' (aka 'gnome') and 'kde' are the 2 official spins.  The rest
are other custom spins.  The 'desktop' directory is probably what you're
most familiar with.  Further reading available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins.

Thanks,
James