F11 httpd - non-root "service httpd status" reports wrong

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Thu Sep 3 15:21:33 UTC 2009

F11+updates doing a "service httpd status" reports that the subsystem is
locked but httpd dead.  Examination of ps output shows the httpd
processes, and pidof reports them.  Prepending sudo to the service
command does things right.

Not sure why the sudo makes a difference, but it seems to me that it
shouldn't require root privleges to simply inquire for the status of
something.

Should I file a bug against service or httpd?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury