Problem with nv driver on FC12

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 11 02:50:38 UTC 2009

I agree with Adam. My NVidia card uses the nouveau driver, and Fedora 12
Alpha detected the card and implemented nouveau just fine. I didn't have
to do anything special beyond twiddling my thumbs briefly during the
installation and Firstboot process. I like the way Xorg now notices my
second monitor and extends the desktop onto it.

I did have to retry the installation about 3 times before I got it done
right, because my machine is a laptop that is normally on a docking
station. I am only just learning how to be laptoppish.

Bob