No images in rawhide?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 00:28:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 19:29 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> Is there a way we could make the depsolving done during composes non-fatal
> if it hits something like this ?  As long as I didn't try an encrypted
> install, things probably would have worked no?

That seems like just kicking the can down the road instead of actually
fixing the problem.

The problem here was that a soname bump happened, after feature freeze,
without warning to users, and without coordination with dependent
packages.  This A) shouldn't have been done, and B) shouldn't have been
tagged.  Work on the AutoQA system would prevent B, nothing bug a good
lashing will prevent A.

Since you can use the images from the last good tree with any day's repo
makes the non-existence of images less of a major problem.  Yes there
was a new anaconda, and a new kernel, so it's not ideal, but I still
think that fixing the original problem is better than trying to work
around it by accepting broken deps.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!