Intel graphics users: send me your VBIOS

Justin Willmert jlist at jdjlab.com
Fri Sep 18 20:19:22 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 01:45 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> So, do this:
>
> % sudo dd if=/dev/mem of=/tmp/rom bs=64k skip=12 count=1
>
> and email me that rom file, along with a brief description of the
> machine, and in particular what graphics outputs (DVI, VGA, LVDS...) are
> _actually_ present on the machine.

I have a HP dv5t notebook with the Intel X4500 integrated graphics card.

Attached is the ROM snippet.

Smolt profile:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/?uuid=pub_8fb07163-e170-430d-9096-65f3cdb64827

xrandr output:
[root at jmert-linux ~]# xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1680 x 1050, maximum 8192 x 8192
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
LVDS1 connected 1680x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
331mm x 207mm
   1680x1050      60.0*+
DVI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

My integrated display works fine at the given resolution, I have a VGA
port I don't use, and DVI1 is actually an HDMI interface.  HDMI video
output works, but I haven't managed to get sounds through the interface,
yet.

Justin