Boot freeze with 2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64

Sergey Rudchenko sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:19:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 21:01 +0200, martin tack wrote:

> Hello Sergey ,
>
> If you're able to boot in previous kernel ,do so and do :
>
> $ su - c  ' gedit /boot/grub/grub.conf '
>
> after the
>
> #hiddenmenu  , you will see the following
>
> title Fedora (2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64)
>         root (hd0,1)
>         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64 ro
> root=UUID=xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx rhgb quiet  (and maybe other kernel line
> arguments)
>
> Delete  "rhgb quiet"  and save the file .
>
> Then reboot ,and after the grub screen ,press escape to see the
> messages.
>
> You'll see some more info appearing then before ,and that info could
> give me
> a hint as where to look further.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Tack Martin

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your reply.

I have edited the GRUB boot options on the fly (I mean pressing 'e' in
the GRUB menu) and got the following:

WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
dracut: Scanning devices sda3 for LVM volume groups
dracut: Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
dracut: Found volume group "vg_sunny" using metadata type lvm2

That's all.
vg_sunny is really the volume group I have created during installation.

Also, I can notice that there is no active CPU usage on hang (laptop
usually speeds up its coolers).

Do you need my /var/log/messages or something?

P.S. I'm experienced Linux user and software developer, you can ask me
to do any "hard" things.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rudchenko