Can a triager consider to set CLOSED NEXTRELEASE?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 01:54:49 UTC 2009

> I believe this bug _was_ filed against rawhide before F11 was released,
> and then move to F11 by some bug triage sweep. Looks like shooting
> yourself in your own foot, if you don't have the power to close the bug
> anymore, after you've moved it...

yeah, that's a system that's somewhat controversial. there's no perfect
answer to the question 'should bugs filed on rawhide be switched to a
stable version once it's released'. At present we _do_ do this. It does
make sense sometimes; it potentially makes sense here. After all, if you
think about it, the initial bug request could be read as 'please port
this to PolicyKit 1.0 for Fedora 11', since it was filed during Fedora
11 development period.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey